07 November 2008

Over 25% of Identity Theft Involves Someone You Know

I just saw this ad (see the title) on bankrate as I was perusing the daily mortgage rates (which I do every single day) and it made me laugh, so I thought I would share it with you two or three people.

I'm just wondering why the criminals are targeting the people I know so hard? Or is it the people I know that are the perpetrators in 25% of cases? I mean, seriously, how many people do I know? A few hundred? Okay, maybe a thousand if we're stretching it to include all possible acquaintances? And there are what like 6 billion people on the planet? If you're reading this and you know me, you better be careful.

4 comments:

leslie said...

this is so a joke i would make, and my bf would roll his eyes at me. ok, like everyone i know would roll their eyes at me. if you read this and you are an eye-roller, you better be careful!

mj said...

yeah, i'm a dork.

Unknown said...

When I was 13 we moved from Utah suburbia to the Avenues in downtown SLC. I didn't want to forget all the people I knew so I started writing down their names on a piece of paper. I thought I only knew like 23 people in the world. The more names I wrote the more I needed more paper and then I realized how many hundreds of people I knew. Then I realized I knew over a thousand. You probably know thousands now and don't even realize it.

mj said...

sj - that is awesome

my word for word verification is "lyments" btw, which I'm thinking is like false laments, yes?