22 November 2008

Know Your Onion

Zombie Steve tagged me on this a while ago, and today I found my shuffle (which means I have not been running lately, since that's what I primarily use it for) and am waiting for someone to finish a paper for class so we can eat dinner, so it seems the time is ripe . . .

1. Put Your iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, etc on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
4. Put the artist after a dash following the song name.
5. Put any comments in brackets.
6. Tag some lucky people to spread the disease.

How would you describe yourself?
Love Spreads Around - The Stone Roses (ok?)

How do you feel today?
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight - Postal Service (Hmm. I will not be sleeping alone, but the mood of this song is kind of fitting? Lethargic and poco melancholic.)

What is your life’s purpose?
Creep - Radiohead (Now that's a lovely assessment. I normally skip this song when I'm running, so I don't buy it.)

What is your motto?
Got You (end of a century) - Wilco

What do you think about very often?
Legal Man - Belle and Sebastian (I do work at the Department of Justice)

What is your life story?
"In the Backseat" - Arcade Fire (When I was growing up my family had this awesome full sized fan with the plush captain's chairs and stuff and my spot on all of our long trips was lying down in the back seat, two brothers in the captains chairs in front of me and the other brother sprawling on the floor - awesomely safe, I know, but this was the eighties - of course my parents were in the front)

What do you want to be when you grow up?
No Cars Go - Arcade Fire (I have a lot of Arcade Fire on my shuffle. I like running to them)

What will you dance to at your wedding?
Barstow - Jay Farrar (Aw. This is kind of sweet, because el esposo spent about half of his mission (for the LDS church) in this city. Great song, of course.)

What will they play at your funeral?
Near Wild Heaven - REM (Awesomely apt!)

What is your hobby/interest?
The Projectionist - The Places (I dunno, but I'm glad I looked this up b/c I meant to get this whole album a while ago)

If you could do anything right now, what would it be?
Shelter From the Storm - Bob Dylan (it is pretty cold outside.)

What do you want most of all?
Lady Madonna - Beatles (uh . . . no I do not WANT to be a single mom. That would be hard.)

What is your greatest fear?
This Heart's on Fire - Wolf Parade

What is your darkest secret?
Act of the Apostle 1 - Belle and Sebastian (uh . . .)

What is your favorite thing in the world?
July - Decemberists (Not my favorite thing in the world but this weird song is wonderful pop that I love dance-running to)

If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?
I Am Superman - REM (Ha. REM is here for comic relief, I think)

What is your theme song?
True Love Will Find You in the End - Daniel Johnston (This absolutely IS my theme song. I didn't know it before, but yeah.)

The next time you hear this song (aside from now, that is), you must dance.
Chicago - Sufjan Stevens (not really a problem)

What will you post this as?
Know Your Onion - The Shins


Ok, I tag Lizzie if she happens to read this b/c she is good at these tag things and she has good music.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Ha, very good!