16 January 2011

What to do with nine six-year-olds

My new "calling" (aka job) in church this year is to teach the six-year-olds. They really are awesome kids, but there are NINE of them and not a one of them is the quiet type. So far the class goes:

chaos
order
chaos
order
chaos
order
brilliant insight! who are these kids?
chaos
order
chaos
order
chaos
order
what is this child yammering about?
uh...
wait, is she still talking or did I just pass out?
chaos
order
chaos
order
wow, they get it!
order still!
and . . . chaos
order
chaos
or- no wait, more chaos
phew, their parents are here to get them!


When I get to the end I am left wondering "did I do that right?" But, hey, I figure they're still alive. How bad could it be?

3 comments:

abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abby said...

I used to swear up and down one of my 9 year olds was going to go completely inactive because of my horrible teaching and the fact I took his pokemon cards away. The last time I attended that ward he was 16 and serving the sacrament. I was secretly relived.

Unknown said...

It's so funny. Beehives are the same and somehow the answer is always "pray" or "when I was at school...(insert nothing to do with what we are talking about)".