24 January 2011

New to my rekkid collection

I've been slowly but surely adding to our record collection. I recently found this used record store and my awesome husband got me a bunch of LPs for Christmas. Then, right after Christmas we went to the store to try and get rid of some of the random records we had inherited from the same coworker of LCD's (all hail her name--except I can't remember it) that gave us the record player. So, little a and I have varied our listening to include other pop/rock albums than just Thriller. In case you didn't read my post of like a million years ago, we do still have a random collection of world music.

One of the records I picked up in our most recent jaunt:



I honestly was not sure why I had ever heard of this band, but I knew I had. Plus, little a needs more exposure to lady rockers and at least their lead singer is a woman. It turns out they sing a really annoying song from the eighties that you may have heard called "I Know What Boys Like." However, there is more to them than just that song. Not a lot more, I'll admit-- but more. I am still undecided as to whether I like them on the whole, but they are kind of fun new wavey punky and this song (embedding was disabled on YouTube, so I guess you have to really want it to go all out and click) I personally find to be completely charming.

It reminds me of some more recent indie female vocalists that have the cutesy talky little girlish thing going on, but with a dash of Joan Jett attitude.

Oh, fun fact I just found out googling these guys. The album I have was never released on CD. My vinyl copy would be a collector's edition . . . except that it got released on itunes a couple years ago.

1 comment:

abby said...

They also did a song called Christmas Wrapping which I'm sure you know. It's on the radio during Christmas.