04 January 2011

Back to Livin'

This year's theme. Not exactly brilliant, but that's exactly why it's so necessary. I feel like the bulk of 2010 was a throwback to my first year in grad school: ten. years. ago. Yeah, I'm old. But to be fair to myself, I was a 22-year-old grad student.

How was it like grad school? I learned a lot, failed a lot, grew a lot, felt like giving up a lot, and survived, ready to kick some serious ass in year two. And, as it turns out, I rocked year two of grad school, so I expect to do the same with year two of parenting, in which I branch out and start livin' again. That means more creativity, better health, more playtime, and more confidence of course. Also, Little A is going to be cake this year.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

OK, gotta go.

4 comments:

abby said...

Little a is more of a delight than she was a year ago. We need to set up another play date. This time no one will get sick. :)

Steve said...

The 14 month to 2 year segment is fun! Traveling is actually maybe harder, but day to day life is fun. They really do become little people during this time!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm where you were last year I guess. I think this year's goal will be survival. If I can keep me and the baby alive for an entire year that will be something worth celebrating :) I'll work on self-imposed improvement next year.

mj said...

Tiff-- Yes. The first birthday is totally a celebration for the parents. Especially the mom! You'll do great. Even when it feels like you're not doing great you will look back later and realize you were actually really awesome. Good luck!