04 August 2010

Reluctantly jumping on the bandwagon

My jerk/nice brother got me the first season of Lost for my birthday. It's sort of like when someone handed me a stack of Harry Potter books and said have at it. Except that I was unemployed and friendless in a new town when that happened, so I had nothing but time. Also I love Harry Potter (duh). Lost, on the other hand, makes me want to hurl. And then watch the next episode.

I'm already really perturbed by all the cliffhangers. It makes me angry the same way all the tear jerking scenes in the movie 2012 (a REAL winner) made me angry. Except with 2012 you really know what kind of movie you're going to get. Am I a reactionary? Yes. Am I going to put up with this crap? Yes I will be manipulated, but I am NOT GOING TO LIKE IT. There, maybe that will make JJ Abrams think twice the next time. I really don't know how all you people watched all those episodes new AND waited for the next season. Except back in 2004 my life was a lot more fly-by-the-seat-of-yer-pants than it is now and there was no time to obsess over such things. Anyway, cheers to you all for your determination.

And for the record, yes I like the show. Enough that I'm already mad that I know about one of the characters that is going to die.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Ah, you'll grow to love it like a sixth toe! I'm still sad it is over. Your brother did tell you it ends, right?!?! :)

mj said...

Steve's aliiive!

abby said...

Oh my gosh Steve's alive. I think I'm overcome with shock. I watched a recap episode in 2005 once. I didn't get it and the monster thing scared me. At least you haven't discovered stupid reality shows like The Bachelor that e and I go into this year.

Joy said...

Funny, I feel the same way about JJ Abrams which is why I haven't watched Lost yet.....and 2012. I keep meaning to blog about 2012 but haven't gotten around it yet.

Salt H2O said...

The reason the rest of us put up with LOST over the years because really, what else was on television?

(to those that had actual lives during this time, this logic doesn't apply)

Warning- season 2 will make you want to break up with LOST, but stick with it.

Unknown said...

haha. Ya I finally got there too. And loved it. I pretty much love everything JJ Abrams comes up with (sci-fi nerds unite!).