12 August 2010

Human Pandora Guessing Game

El Esposo and I invented this game. It's possible someone has played it before, but in our world, we invented it. Anyway, one person thinks of a band/musician and the other person tries to guess who it is. It's pretty much the most basic game format out there. Only there is a required format for guessing, wherein you ask "Are they more like X or Y?"

For example, say person A picked the band The Clash. And then person B asks "Are they more like Weezer or Kool and the Gang?" Person A would say Weezer. So person B now knows anything disco-y is out and they try and narrow down the brand of garage rock/punk by asking more "Are they more like X or Y" questions. I guess the object is to see how fast you can do it, but mostly it's just about the guessing and the judging where a band fits on the spectrum of music.

It's pretty fun and can be played anywhere at anytime. Even while a baby is screaming.

2 comments:

Becca said...

It's the small things that can amuse us most I guess. I think I'd be terrible at this game since I know Weezer and a few other bands but otherwise would be clueless. But it still sounds like fun. Glad I found your blog. I'll have to read your musings more often. I like your writing style (not surprising seeing as you are a writer).

mj said...

See, you have to play the game with someone that has similar knowledge. I've heard varying reports of success.