11 August 2010

Mental Vertigo

My life is really good. It really is. I have been extremely lucky in love and I have a beautiful daughter, who sings along with me in the cutest way possible at eight months.

But I'm going to digress for a minute and say working with multiple personalities is a pain. And working with no version control irritates me more than almost anything. And right now I am the middle man between the technical expert and the management expert and no one can please two masters, so it stinks. Everyone is messing up the document and putting their 80 million cents in and sending it back to me every time supposedly better but looking like a mishmash of what-the-ever. Then I send back my pristine version after brokering with both and making executive decisions that I know will be overturned, playing the tortured writer, and it is a cycle of monstrosity. In the meantime, my poor baby has been constipated for two months and I'm worried she's going to develop a complex, both mental and physical, about it. Darn solid foods. Yes, internet, I said it.

Anyway--paycheck. And anyway--darling baby. My life is still very good.

1 comment:

Dave said...

well jesus taught us that we can't serve two masters so you have to decide which boss is closer to Jesus' team on this one. It reminds of a recent disagreement I had with my wife regarding the nature of man. In the end I settled the discussion by telling her, "Well I'm just going to go with Jesus on this one."