25 June 2009

What kind?

So, I'm starting to show this week. It looks slightly more likely that I could be pregnant than that I had a few too many beers in college. When I look back I realize that this whole pregnancy thing is going pretty quickly, even though l am counting down the weeks until the break in the clouds known as the end of my current full-time employment happens: 22 weeks until Thanksgiving day! Not that my job is bad--it's just FINE (and I am lucky to HAVE a job), yes that's the word. But I'm about ready for a ch-ch-change.

Now people keep asking when we will find out what "kind" of baby we are having. What kind I think is a freaking genius rockstar. A drummer if we get lucky. Or maybe an accountant. Who hates the outdoors. There's nothing wrong with accountants at all. My brother is an accountant. Sort of. I mean he was and then he found something related that was more interesting. But my sister-in-law is an accountant. Sometimes. Really she's a mom, but whatever.

So far most people are guessing "girl" as the "kind" of baby we will have. Really I'm hoping "healthy, happy, non-sociopath." But (though I would love a girl kind), due to the fact that people keep telling me what they think, un-prompted of course, based on whatever brand of voo doo they may subscribe to, I am secretly kind of pulling for the "boy kind." Oops, secret is out. Though I will go back and edit this particular blog entry in a couple weeks to say the opposite for the sake of my future child's self-esteem if necessary.

3 comments:

modestmuse said...

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting! You will have to post pics of yourself. If it were me, I'd secretly want the "boy kind," too :) Nothing wrong with girls. We're girls! Anyway, you made me laugh, because people have often asked me "What are you?" They mean "What is your ethnicity?" Sometimes they ask "What's your nationality?" when they mean the ethnicity thing. I guess that was funnier when I lived in the U.S.

Steve said...

I'm totally pulling for an accountant for you!

HAHAHA, my word verification is "poopse", something you better start getting used to, trust me! :)

abby said...

From the way your pregnancy is going, my non scientific guess is it's a boy. I got granical as my word verification. I guess that could be a cool new name for your mom.