12 June 2009

Sights from/on the train

...The trees are absolutely choked by Kudzu. I see it all passing in my window. The concrete canal. A woman sitting in the grass with a dog tail wagging behind her. Two men walking around in jumpsuits and hardhats. Piles of gravel. Huge satellite dishes. The VRE train official dude comes to announce that the LAW is gonna come down on us. The LAWuh! Fare evasion is now a $500 fine. The cute little lake with the dam. Trees and trees upon trees with trees standing on their heads. Trees hiding behind the backs of other trees. Poison ivy. Tennis courts and condos. Condo fees. Now approaching my stop...Approaching...

The other day I was sitting on the train next to a dude who was talking on his cell phone about someone's username and password to a government system of some kind. Just absorb that for a minute. Um ... seriously?

Update 6/16: Today the train was packed and there were NO SEATS. How does it happen that there are no available seats for anyone at my stop when normally every single one of us gets a seat? Was today "everyone new ride the VRE" day? Anyway I sure TRIED to look as pregnant as possible in the hopes that someone would gallantly offer me their seat, but the bump just is not big enough to garner any sympathy at this point. I just look a little bit chubby. Anyway I was totally fine, but sometimes I do feel light-headed so I hope today was a fluke. Today is the first day I have WANTED special treatment. I am so glad it never happened on all the days I felt like I was about to puke.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Ha, that always happens. My favorite is when I spotted a DoD person, badge already on display, reading classified docs on the Metro! People are so dumb.

I like the poetry of this post! :)