02 January 2007

Aperture


So anyway, I was in the Tennessee Mountain Home for Christmas. The big news is that my brother and sister-in-law are having another kid. The two they have already are pretty darn cute.

Sarah is obsessed with all things princess (she's almost three) but her mother has made her memorize the age she must be to get married: 22. Megan is the cutest smiliest kid ever who toddles around and gives kisses. She gave me the cold I have currently. It was a good time to be with the fam and chill.

Stuff that happened over the week:
Family slide show
Dollywood:
--the Smoky Mountain Christmas Production
--Grandma's motorized wheelchair
--Sarah c-racking up about the existence of such a thing as a DOG-wood tree
Little brother made us Peppermint Milkshakes
Festival of presents
Hot tub
Hiking in the snow
Hiking in the not-snow to the classic waterfall.
Roadtrip to pick up lil bro's girlfriend in Nashville.
Guitar concert
Bar-B-Q
Walks with the dog
Tennessee-style Christmas light displays
Going to the movies
Watching videos and episodes of the Office and Seinfeld
Games! Settlers, Pictionary, Imaginiff (ha--the fam did not enjoy this one)
Eating the yummy bread my boyfriend and I made before I left.
Missing him
Playing with the kids

2006 was a great year--and several big things I predicted happened: I fell in love, I got more and more out of debt and I got a new job. One thing that did not happen was my band did not record. In fact, we split up due to regional differences. But we wrote a few good tunes all the same. Also, I did not run a half-marathon. I predict this year that I will complete recording enough songs for an EP, that I will go on an extended backpacking trip, and one more thing that I do not care to put on this blog.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds like a great Christmas vacation. Especially Dollywood. I love that place.

Steve said...

I really need to find this "Dollywood". Sounds like a fun holiday break, MJ. Your post is so cute I just want to give you a big ol'hug, hehe. Curious what your resolution that you choose not to publish, yet allude to, is?!?!?! ;-)

mj said...

steve, it'll have to wait til next years' post...

mj said...

next year's new years post is what i meant.

Anonymous said...

You sound smart. Would please write a song for the democrats? We need a fight song.

mj said...

ha ha "nancy pelosi" commented on my blog.