10 January 2012

Beginner Sewing

I got a sewing machine for Christmas. The last time I sewed anything was 8th grade and it was not pretty. I'm hoping to make a baby sling for the new baby since I think it will be quicker to use than any of the other baby-wearing options I have already and, well, Little A IS a bit insane so I'm pretty sure I will still need to bolt after her on occasion. They are supposed to be really easy to make but I still doubt myself. I've read a lot and just ordered some fabric and a ring to put the fabric through. Other than that I want to learn how to hem pants. Pretty basic, I know, but you should have seen the stuffed elephant I tried to make at age 13. Anyway, I'm telling the three people that read my blog so I'll feel responsible or something.

5 comments:

Steve said...

You inspire me! I've wanted to learn how to sew for a long time, also not really doing anything besides a couple buttons since about 13. Everytime I watch Project Runway, I realize I'm hopeless and probably need to take some real classes to do what I really want to do! haha. Anyways, I'll be cheering for you! :)

abby said...

My mom still hems my pants and has yet to teach me how to sew. I asked her why and she said I had no interest in it. I know that's true but it would be nice to hem pants.

Nemesis said...

I am so late to this party it's embarrassing but YAY YOU ARE HAVING A BABY!

I am excited for you. And yes, crossing fingers for a much better delivery/postpartum/intact butt hole experience for you this time. :-)

Amanda said...

I feel a little out of the loop here where I live. I have no less then 5 friends that are really good at sewing. I don't know how I missed that train either. But at least they've been teaching me a bit.

Joy said...

I got a sewing machine for Christmas too.

I sew okay, but for some reason I'm a little hesitant about hemming jeans even though I need to, and I know it's not hard.