03 November 2011

former love life has been replaced by work life

So I haven't been single in a while, which is fine with me. You know, beautiful growing family makes up for the missed fun.

But apparently not completely. The uncertainty and the roller coaster ride of it needed a replacement, I guess. I would think parenting would be sufficient for that role, but I admit the range of emotions of a toddler starts to become the routine after a while.

Enter freelancing. Short-term contracts, negotiating rates, just-when-everything-is-looking-peachy curveballs. Yup that works.

Just got another curveball today and it's making me highly nervous. O ye single life, you are always with me.

1 comment:

abby said...

Let me know if I can help you in anyway. I hope things work out for you.

Curveballs are very much part of the singles life. Ya gotta love 'em.