21 October 2011

What's that?

Little A's new favorite phrase. She says it all day long, whether she already knows the thing she is pointing to or not. I like to vary my answers. "I don't know, what is it?" when I am sure she knows what it is. "Is it a X?" when I think she probably knows/knew but forgot. She always responds to that one with "Yes! It is a X, mommy!" (It's hard to explain Little A's voice if you haven't heard it lately, but she is VERY expressive.) And if it's something totally new I tell her. We have definitely entered the inquisitive age, and I gotta say I like it.

We even went to the library the other day and though she acted just a little bit crazier than any other child there, she did not pull down every book off the shelf! And after about twenty minutes of running around, talking to everyone, playing with the stuffed animals they have, and "reading" through books in 2.5 seconds, she sat down and read two whole Curious George books with me (complete with many instances of "what's that?") and we even checked some out and took them home with us. It's okay, Abz, I think I'm even going to return them on time.

Hurray for learning.

1 comment:

abby said...

Maybe you shouldn't, the library probably needs the couple hundred dollars in fines it will collect from you. :)