15 March 2011

Winter did not defeat me

this year.

Last year, it totally defeated me. I was the epitome of defeated.

This year was different. Also, there weren't three foot snowdrifts for weeks and weeks through February. So that helped. And my baby still hates staying inside and still fusses about it, but only at about 1/10th of the power of last year. So that helped. And I wasn't fighting postpartum depression. So again, thank you universe. And I could walk without feeling like I would die. So, yes, there are many reasons.

But also I planned really well. I stalked the weather for nice days. And I loosely interpreted "nice days." And we went outside every possible moment that wasn't freezing. And now it is mostly spring. There are buds on some of the trees. And the daffodils in the backyard are set to open any day.

Aaaaaah.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awesome! I don't care much for Tucson but the one thing I really like about it is the weather. It's sunny 90% of the year.