05 December 2010

We survived the year!


I felt like today was a little microcosm of the last year. Maybe that's not the right way to explain it. But anyway, our lovely babe's behaviors and experiences seemed to follow the pattern of the last twelve months all in one day. Words are failing me because I'm tired and I have no blogging pride.

The first couple hours today were rough. The poor baby has a cold, has been constipated for a couple days and is cutting some new teeth. She spent a lot of the time crying in the morning. It was reminiscent of the newborn Little A. Except for the part where I skillfully met her needs, distracted her when possible, and held her calmly when there was nothing else to do. I have a year of round-the-clock experience, so--you know--I'm pretty good now.

By the end of the day she was having so much fun. It turns out she L-O-V-E loves cake. She absolutely destroyed her piece and experienced her first sugar high, which--I'll be honest--is not that different than her normal everyday behavior. She kept crawling up and down the stairs and then returning to the living room to open each of her gifts, walking like Frankenstein across the floor from the stairs (it's hilarious). She was totally into the decorations and balloons (new word alert: balloon = boo) and she got very excited about one of her toys:



In case you missed it, she really really really likes dogs. Good pick, person that is not me. Man she is so cute. I love her so much. In case you care I am planning to post some pics and videos later after I get them all uploaded and such.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Ha, Scarlett has the same dog. She was just pulling it around the kitchen yesterday until, while looking back watching it, she ran head first into the wall (walls are concrete here!) and well, the end of a fun doggie day here, ha.