21 December 2010

Solstice Again

I swear it is always winter solstice. Okay, not really. Only on winter solstice do I feel that it is always winter solstice. In fact, I was sure that I had posted a winter solstice blog for every year I have been blogging; that's how sure I was that solstice was omnipresent. It turns out I only referred to it twice since 2004 and only once did it have its own post. In both posts I referred to it as a "hopeful" time, I think in order to convince myself. Otherwise I would probably call it Depression Awareness Day. But, I am completely okay with saying things are cool in order to convince myself that things are indeed cool. How about:

1. "Fake it til you make it"
2. "Be the change you want to see in the world"
3. "Smile and the whole world smiles with you"
4. "Hope is believing despite the evidence and watching the evidence change"

Snappy as they are I like these quotes because they give you something to do when it seems everything's gone to hell. Hey, at least there's more sunlight every day now. Bonus points if you know who said any of these without googling.

And now . . . Christmas!

See you guys on the plane. We will be the ones with the screaming baby. Would you like to borrow my ipod loaded up with the top 25 songs of the year, via All Songs Considered? Sorry, dude, that's as loud as it goes.

2 comments:

abby said...

I love the holiday songs from All Songs Considered. They make you rock on a festive way. Have a safe trip to the 'rents.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, you know what? Those ARE good songs. Thank you MJ...and Bob Boilen.