29 September 2010

I think I hate Glee now

It was funny and cute at first and Jane Lynch was great. But, each time I drag myself back to Hulu to see how the show is going, it seems worse. The most recent Brittany Spears-a-thon was maybe the most ludicrous plotline I've ever seen on a single episode of a television show. The vast majority of the musical numbers were supposed to be Brittany Spears fantasies on nitrous oxide? Actually that makes it sound a lot better than it was; that could have been clever. But it wasn't. Just a bunch of rehashed music videos. Gag. Intersperse a few teenagers/adults acting weird and pathetic and controlling (and not in sympathetic ways) and you have a serious waste of my time. Maybe I need to ditch TV again completely. Except Community. And maybe 30 Rock.

3 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Just throwing this out there...our stake pres. asked our ward to go on a media fast for one week. It was in preparation for our ward conference. After my first reaction of, "Yeah right, like that's going to happen" I buckled up and dove right in. I didn't last the whole week because I got quite ill one day and all I could do was lay on the couch. But other then that, it was pretty awesome.

abby said...

After being without internet at home for a week, I can say a media fast is doable. I just filled up my time with reading instead.

As for Glee, didn't I say it was going to suck after the first season? I was right. It's going the way of the OC. The plot lines are only going to get more ridiculous.

Steve said...

For the record, I never liked Glee! haha.

I can go several days without email. And even though it is the only way I stay up with friends (and blogs!), I think I would have a harder time giving up tv if my Tivo is full of new shows (and old favorites) I need to get caught up on. Plus, movies! At least with TV, you do it with someone and can talk about it and laugh together, on the internet, nobody hears you scream/laugh! hahahaha.