12 October 2010

Life with 10 month-old...

rocks. Seriously, all the newborn colicky crap was worth this time hangin' with my sweet, fun, social butterfly. Last night we went to this delicious Afghan restaurant down the street and she made friends with absolutely everyone there. She even got one of the waitresses she had been eyeing to come pick her up by holding her arms out toward her. She freakin' loves almost everyone. (If she does not love you, I'm sorry. Either you are evil or the whole thing is completely random.)

She has all kinds of fun new tricks to entertain: clapping, hugs, waving bye-bye, (sometimes even at the right time and ba ba is morphing into an understandable "bye-bye"), high-fives (okay, a little coaching needed), and she laughs all the time. I haven't hung out with babies a whole lot in my lifetime, but she is definitely the most energetic and social one I have seen in a while or maybe ever. And yes this means a LOT of chasing her around. A LOT. Seriously, she almost never stops and plays in one place. But I will take the chasing, gladly, over the hours of crying from yestermonth. If only I could permanently fix her pain-in-the-butt (literally) digestive system, it would be pretty much constant joy. Oh well, opposition is necessary in life. Oh, and I think we might just have our drummer. She loves hitting things with other things, especially with sticks and stick-shaped objects. When we head to the basement she always wanders over to our drum set and starts banging on the bass drum.

Columbus Day photos...

We went to Homestead Farm


to go apple picking


and find the perfect pumpkin.


The baby hung out in the pumpkins for a while, examining the choices, playing with ladybugs

and watching daddy take pictures.


When we got home we decided to enjoy the fruits of our labor. We also made a pie that was pretty tasty.

And if those pictures weren't cute enough for you. Look at my sweet laughing baby:

Can you see her two tiny teeth? They aren't quite all the way up yet but they are enough to sort-of kind-of bite into an apple.

Yes, I was going to stop blogging, but it is too good a way to chronicle things. Instead, as a start, I am disallowing myself from reading blogs of people I have never met.

3 comments:

abby said...

I wouldn't give up blogging because this is a chronicle of your family's life and the Church says that's ok.

amanda said...

I'm glad you didn't stop blogging cause I would hate to miss these pictures.

Steve said...

Wait, when did you quit blogging? Glad you are a quitter at quitting! :) Still love your blog! And the pics.