20 July 2010

Birthday = Awesome

It's really true. Though I admit my standards have lowered a bit (e.g., getting to go on a babyless date? coolest thing ever). Saturday we went "hiking" with some friends. The quotes are because we managed -- what -- half a mile? Anyway it was great fun to spend time outside in the sweltering heat with people we like and cute babies like this one:
Pictured with "Auntie E" (not actual Aunt)

And this one:
(Yeah not the best picture of the baby) Showing us that what you do when babies are around is stare at them. This one is pretty much a toddler now.

A direct result of that last picture after seeing how blah I looked was a haircut and a resolution to have better posture, which happened the next day.

Anyway, we hiked and picnicked and then we were all beyond beat since the job of just standing outside takes a lot these days (because it's hot). So the next awesome part of my birthday weekend was
FAMILY NAPTIME!

Later that evening we got to hang out with some other friends and another cute little girl since cute little girls are plentiful around these parts.

Then it was Sunday and El Esposo/Daddy took the baby to scope out the nursery that she will be attending in eleven short months while I slept through one class (ahhhh) and then actually listened to the whole other class. Later that day I made El Esposo give me a haircut.
I think he is getting quite good and I am getting quite good at egging him on. "Shorter! Shorter!" Although, I conveniently forgot how annoying it is when you have short hair that some days it just looks terrible and some days great. And, it often looks like a completely different haircut from the other side, thanks to my fantastic cowlicks:

So, today, when you put both sides together it's just kind of "huh?"

Oh well, it keeps a little bit of the unknown in my life so I won't feel tempted to start a torrid affair (how? when?). Also El Esposo being awesome helps with that.

Anyway, finally Monday, my actual birthday, I got nice phone calls, opened a couple gifts and best of all went on a real date. Nana and Papa came over to babysit, which was sort of like this:
Except the picture is a month old and the baby is now a crawling menace. But the point is we went to dinner at a great Afghan place in the neighborhood followed by seeing the movie everyone's talking about. It was pretty superb and worth the little miss waking up an hour and a half earlier than normal the next day (aka today).

3 comments:

abby said...

I would just like to say that I was on the hike even though no pictures of me were taken. :)

mj said...

what? don't you recognize yourself as one of the many people staring at olive?

Unknown said...

She really is the cutest baby ever. She's like the Gerber baby. Also, I really like the haircut side where it's all flippy. Hope you had a really great birthday. Mine's coming up, too (Aug 8). Yikes!