09 January 2010

Total Elimination Diet

Today I start the Total Elimination Diet. I know little a reacts to certain foods I eat in a really bad way and I have had enough of guessing which ones. So basically I get to eat various forms of turkey, lamb, rice, potatoes and sweet potatoes, squash, pears, sea salt, pepper, canola oil and a few extra things I feel okay about adding: sugar, cinnamon, oats, and avocados. I don't plan on keeping it up for two weeks though as I already started eliminating dairy a week and a half ago and dairy is the main thing that is supposed to linger in your system for two weeks. Once little a seems better I will start adding more items in the diet. Off to eat some oatmeal for breakfast!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's rough. A few friends here have had to do that. It's for the best cause there is, so you can do it!

Unknown said...

Good for you. Let us know how it goes.

abby said...

I had a friend that did that with both her babies. Giving up chocolate was really hard for her. Good luck.