06 January 2010

SAHM Day

Apologies for sloppy editing...

Today I watched a little of "The Price is Right." I can report that the show still exists and that it is hosted by Drew Carey. At first glance I was thinking Drew Carey might be embarrassed by where he has come (Remember "Whose Line is it Anyway?" That was a sometimes clever show), but really I think he probably loves this gig. I also watched a little Dr. Phil. It was about all the shocking things really young teenagers are doing nowadays. Gross. It made me rethink wanting little a to start growing up already. Speaking of which I want to show you some adorable pics of her one monthiversary when we stop having i-phone syncing issues.

Anyway, the best thing I saw today was definitely the latest episode of "Community" on hulu. It may be the best one yet. Christmas-themed sitcoms are usually lame but this one was delightful.

It is so easy to do unproductive things while taking care of a baby, but hard to do productive ones like making lunch. Anyway, I am starting to adapt to the Stay at Home Mom gig, despite it being very isolated and challenging. I will be very happy when I can work with little a's schedule well enough to do the productive stuff [like writing more than a quick blog entry]. It took about 45 minutes to get her to fall asleep, but that is progress! Some day we may have an actual routine! Currently my goal is to get her to take at least one nap per day not on mommy. Now to read li'l bro's novel until the cute little beast awakens.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to get out with other moms so you don't go crazy. But I like your isolationist writing :)

Steve said...

No, going with other moms WILL make you crazy! You just need to get out and away from the baby for a few hours every now and then. Kelly going back to her weekly pottery class was a huge boom to her sanity as she could have "adult" conversations again. If you hang with other moms, you'll just talk about kids the whole time.

abby said...

The Price is Right without Bob Barker is pretty lame. I'm partial to Ellen and the Bonnie Hunt Show when I watch daytime tv. Let me know when you start watching soap operas. :)

Amanda said...

Drew Carey got a lot of "not living up to bob" But I really like him as the host of The Price is Right. I'm a fan. Anyways...your little one is barely a month old. It takes a little while longer to really feel normal again. I recommend doing both play groups or such with other moms and having time away. Both are beneficial.