08 October 2009

poised to fall

So, this is me, apparently:



Some people are so good at these things but I am not. My brain is so full with trying to not slack off too bad at work and edit 25 articles for my freelance gig at night and go to childbirth class and read a million books about how to get a kid out of me and then what to do with it when it comes out and keeping El Esposo from going insane with all the housework. I forget little details like making sure the building is reserved for this church activity I am in charge of planning. Or paying our only bill that can not be automated. Or doing the most mundane errands to avoid tax evasion.

Is there some dark cave that I can crawl into that will supply all needed nutrients to me via a tube?

Okay, just kidding, sort of.

The house of cards will probably fall and then I will start building another one. Maybe I should take an engineering course?

Sorry for the whining.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can I burst your bubble (if you can find it?) and tell you that the scatter brain syndrome does not end after the baby is born. It's driving me crazy how many things I forget. I had 4 people over for dinner the other night and I planned on making chicken enchiladas. Yeah, I forgot the to buy chicken when I went to the store to buy everything for the dinner. Umm...that's kind of the main part. I even had a list. Of course that's just one example of many. I'm so glad I have a great neighbor who puts up with all of my forgetfulness and usually provides me with all my missing grocery items.

Steve said...

Well, it DOES get better, if not ever back to normal. We made Sloppy Joes last night minus the buns we forgot to buy! haha. Obviously, the during pregnancy makes sense. Afterwards, I think it's more to do with lack of sleep and the fact your 'to do' list has multiplied.