12 October 2009

being a homebody

I am upstairs editing articles written from the perspectives of Jews, Muslims and Christians that all participated in inter-faith dialogues in various countries. They are actually really interesting. This one Rabbi's article knocked my socks off.

Downstairs the neighbor kids are going to town in our music room. I have no idea whether they are being supervised but I think El Esposo is putting up drywall in the next room. I have to admit I have heard some not-half-bad drum beats amidst all the noise.

We love our neighbors. Seriously. A couple days ago for no good reason they brought over their "extra" lunch for us and it was amazing: delicate aromatic rice with tender halal beef and cucumber/tomato/awesome salad and then yogurt sauce on the side to dredge all of the deliciousness in. Why did we not take a picture? Oh, probably because they do this all the time.

No comments: