26 October 2009

Safety Net-less

Well, it's official. I just sent my resignation letter effective November 25th. There were a lot of reasons I decided to just go ahead and resign, but one of the most compelling ones for me (not so much for El Esposo) is because now I have to succeed in freelance writing. I have no safety net. Not that we're total idiots--we do have some savings. But, I like the feeling of taking a flying leap. Honestly, it feels more my style than sitting in an office for five years did--though I do think that part was essential to my master plan. But it feels about time to re-invent myself. Why not become a mother and a freelancer at the same time?

I know it is a serious luxury that I get to even try this. I know that we have been blessed immensely to even arrive at this crossroads. I know that even if right now I'm feeling like I believe in the master plan I came up with five years ago it could easily get squashed since I am not really the one that controls my own master plan. But these moments of freefall without a safety net are going to happen in life, and sometimes it's how we know we are alive.

We are getting so excited to meet baby girl D. El Esposo thought he could feel her tiny hand fluttering around in my belly last night.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Oh, it's so fun when they start moving! They actually seem real then! Good luck with your plan! I look forward to following your adventure!

Julie said...

whenever i think about having a child, the question of what to do about work always looms. i'm kind of dreading the day that i have to make that choice. i admire your decision and excited to hear how things go!