12 September 2009

summer illustrated

I still haven't solved my camera's technical issues, but here are some pics from El Esposo's phone.

Hiking in the Shenandoahs for birthday luxury camping weekend

Hitting the beach on labor day weekend Friday (hardly anyone was there yet), or maybe this was early Saturday morning while everyone was sleeping?


Beach hair, though a lot of the time mine was crazier than this. I just want to clarify that the weirdness is not due to the fantastic haircut.


A self-portrait + the condo + farmer's tan + fetus at approximately 6 months

*SAND ART*
Since I couldn't ride the human slingshot, we attempted art while at the beach. The first attempt, Reclining Pregnant Woman, fit nicely with the "babymoon" theme. Though it actually started as a man with ridiculous eighties hair, I suggested the change. It was mostly El Esposo's handiwork. I think he did a great job.


See what care he took?


We worked together to create a dog--I mean an alligator--no a lizard--no, wait, a dragon with very buff long arms. Here I am trying to construct the face for the 67th time, hoping it will not crumble again.


67th try was the charm and El Esposo tamed the dragon... or something.



And I don't know about you, but that's good enough for me for a summer farewell.

4 comments:

abby said...

I love how you are now sporting an lcd bandanna. :) Your sand sculptures are awesome.

leslie said...

i want to ride the dragon. the look on his face shows me that i'm missing out

Dave said...

This is Arianne. We are glad you finally posted pregnant pictures. When Dave saw them he delightfully exclaimed, "She looks adorable!" You certainly look fantastic. Way to go on the sand dragon.

Steve said...

Yeah, a preggo MJ! So cute! Wow, I always wondered who did sand art at the beach?!?! Now I know! :)