28 September 2006

Ocular Cavity


Amazingly, I'm not one of those people that quotes So I Married an Axe Murderer or really any movie. My sig. oth. quotes movies and stuff all the time and what he gets from me are mostly blank stares, poor guy. I have never been good at most kinds of memorization. It is sort of the main reason I changed my major in college from the sciences to the arts. Though, with song lyrics I do much better. However, if you get yourself into a predicament wherein you have to write about some topic that came to you from your subconscious (maybe my subconscious has movies memorized--or the stuff I was supposed to learn in Anatomy class) and so you decide to google "Ocular Cavity" you see a surprising number of references to a certain Phil Hartman monologue in a certain cherished comedy from the nineteen nineties. And you might find this interesting website called Four Word Film Reviews and thereby discover a new potential addiction.

Oh, here's the text that goes under the picture up top (which maybe isn't actually a cavity, but I liked it):

Our Eyes and brain divide what we see into a right and left half. In the drawing above, light gray represents the left half; dark gray represents the right half. The eyes invert the image and the left side of what we see ends up in the right side of our brain and visa versa. This all works out because the right side of our brain controls the left side of our bodies and visa versa (the source).

p.s. Happy Birthday Robyn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see we're similar. I never could quote movies, random Internet videos (like Star Wars rap), TV shows and songs like my ex-boyfriends did. I always wondered a) why they did it b) how did they do it. I guess that's another part of the male psyche I never understood. I saw So I Married An Ax Murderer for the first time a couple of months ago and the only part that stood out was when Mike Meyers was reading his poetry.