29 September 2006

Claymation

Yes I'll get to your silly claymation. But what I am floored by right now is the fact that "recordation" is actually a word. It set off my "not a word" radar but I was wrong. I came upon this piece of sentence in editing: "the tables are used to manage the recordation of financial transactions" and I immediately think, you mean the "recording of financial transactions", since "recordation" is a bloated, though amusing, made-up word. According to dictionary.com I am wrong. Now back to work. The claymation comes later...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

claymation=Wallace and Grommit

Steve said...

Claymation rocks, although I think I do prefer stop motion (is that the right term? It's Monday morn and me no think good yet).

Favorite "new" word that I came across that I swore was fake but isn't.... Verisimilitude.

Unknown said...

installment of "kindred sprits"?

mj said...

i know i know. work is killer. i'm goign to take a nap and then we'll see about it.