10 May 2011

Year Two: Rocks, Sticks, and Flowers

Do you remember when I said I was going to rock year two of parenting? Well, I don't know if it's me that's rocking it necessarily but I am loving this second year.

Little A is pretty much non-stop fun. Well, until she breaks something. Which happens pretty much every day. But, hey, it's just stuff.

All day long she labels everything we see with a level of enthusiasm I have rarely had in my life. (Well, actually, in most of my childhood pictures I do have crazy eyes and a wide-open mouth, so the enthusiasm must still live in me somewhere. For now it is expressed through my daughter.) A rock! A stick! Look, a flower! A plane! A train! Eyes, nose, mouth, ear, hair! The playground! Seriously, the playground!!!! (Pronounced "ba-pow.") Daddy! Daddy's shoe! Wow, Daddy's tie! A dog! A bunny! My bear! All day long.

For mother's day she learned to pronounce "mommy" correctly, which was cute and sad simultaneously (b/c "mimi" WAS rather adorable).

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Seeing the world through the eyes of our little ones is so priceless. Everything becomes new again. Today we played in the mud.