31 May 2011

No illustrations

I am a really inconsistent photographer. Which is probably not fair since I have the cutest child on the planet. But LCD took some photos (still on his phone) and so did other family members.

Anyway we just got back from vacation and had a great time. Little A got so much attention from her 4 girl cousins and she took it in stride. She's like, of course I deserve lots of attention. I mean, I am REALLY cool. We went to the beach and Little A ran into the ocean like a bat out of hell repeatedly. It is a lot of work keeping that child alive, I tell you. Sometimes I'm proud of her for being so fearless but in the moment it often scares the crap out of me. She's learned to tease me by pretending to get ready to jump off the highest point on the playground. Awesome. It was interesting to see her in comparison to her cousins and realize that I am not just some frazzled first time mom (though that may be part of it). She really is more active and fearless than any of her cousins ever were/are (confirmed by Grandpa). Oh, but how I love her.

It's boring to have someone tell you about their vacation with no pictures, so I will summarize:
beach
swamp
history
seafood
family

Then after we got back, LCD's side of the family came over for Memorial Day BBQ.

What a week.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Scarlett used to be Evil Freakin Knievel, but as she has gotten older (and more hurt) she has learned to hold back a little. Not enough to keep us from freaking out at least once a day, but enough to usually keep us from sprinting after her all the time!

I want to see swamp pics!

abby said...

Yes your child is fearless and pretty darn cute. It's awesome she's figured out how to fake out mommy. She must have picked it up from lcd.