22 February 2011

Feeling feverish

I keep seeing new baby pictures, announcements, blogs, even "I'm in labor" posts on facebook. Some from good friends, some acquaintances, and a few complete strangers. Congratulations, all you people! Anyway, all the excitement has got me thinking about baby #2. Thus has been my progression since having Little A:

0-3 months: I am never having another baby
3-6 months: Okay, maybe some day
6-9 months: Little A needs a sibling, but if I got pregnant right now I would cry A LOT
9-12 months: Finally getting the hang of this. Think I might not cry too much if I got pregnant now with the next kid.
12-15 months (aka now): Um, okay, so when can we start?

It doesn't hurt that Little A is finally sleeping through the night as of a couple weeks ago. Don't pity me about that, though. It's been totally under control since six months (just one wake-up to eat . . . usually) and I felt really good about how her sleep progressed. But still, I do like the idea of being able to sleep ridiculous amounts of hours if/when I get pregnant, so I am very glad we got to this point. Little A is also so fun now! She's a little giggling monster and she says really cute things.

The only thing that worries me, internet, is having another early winter baby. It's depressing. So, for now, everyone else keep having babies and I'll keep being excited for you.

4 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Someone I know once made the observation that a second child always comes in (I don't know the right word) connection with when the first child starts sleeping through the night. Not a bad observation I thought. I was only ready to get pregnant this third time when I was ready to accept that it might not be a boy.

Liz said...

I found it really crazy how quickly I started thinking about Baby #2 after Baby #1 arrived. I think I'm at the point where I'd maybe only cry just a little if I got pregnant *right* now but I'd really like to wait, especially since we've got some big life changes coming our way in the next 6 months. I've already decided what MY timeline is for having more kids, I just hope God is on board with it.

abby said...

Hang in there mj. June will come before you know it :). At this point, enjoy little A and sleeping through the night.

Lacey said...

I'm so glad you found me through modestmuse. I must say your blog is an extremely fun and smart read. I was shocked when I realized I would not cry if I found out I was pregnant. It is strange to be going through it again and not being new to everything. Baby #2 is due in July so I will let you know how much I like the sun at that point. A winter baby might be sounding really good by then. Good luck with getting started.