15 June 2010

My debt to society

I just want to throw myself a little victory party for successfully completing two errands that I generally forget today despite the fact that little a is having a fusstacular week.

1)I returned a library book on time even though I didn't read it.
2)I deposited a check the same day I received it (thank you contract employment).

This is the sort of CEO of household stuff I usually fail at. See also cleaning and, to a lesser degree, cooking. The other day, though, El Esposo told me I was a "more than adequate housewife." My response: "You had me at adequate." I am getting better (The dijon crusted tilapia is pretty yum) but there's no need to overdo the compliments.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice. Yesterday I was so proud that I actually folded a put away each load of laundry as it came out of the dryer, opposed to my usual, let sit on the couch for a few days, then fold it and let the piles sit on the couch until it's time to do laundry again. But props to the library and bank run in one day!

abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
abby said...

Your past library fines still make me cringe though. I give you props for returning the book before it was due.

mj said...

And they should make you cringe, Abz. I think I am all caught up now, though.