29 June 2010

Down dog up dog

Internet readers, we really need to video little a's crawling attempts because they are awesome. My favorite one is when she is on her stomach and sticks her butt up in the air, scrunches up her feet and pushes her body forward a few inches with her face getting smushed and eating carpet. Then she brings her butt down and face up to look around and see where she got to. I call this maneuver "down dog up dog" as it looks a lot like the two yoga poses in succession. I think this happens because she has sad weak little arms and powerful legs. I mean really powerful legs. Like you know when this girl wakes up because she pounds the crib with her heels and the whole house shakes. Anyway since she is not so good at propelling herself with her arms yet in a hands-and-knees sort of crawl its more of a face-and-knees one.

Sadly, El Esposo has the video camera (aka his phone), not me, so I have to wait til he's around to document this. I hope we capture it before she figures out traditional crawling, which is seriously like any second now. Time to babyproof!

Didn't I JUST have this baby?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love that move. Both my babies had that move. It's pretty hilarious.