10 March 2010

emachines = rad

[Here's hoping the title proves true]

In college I bought an emachines desktop and ended up using it through most of grad school until I decided I wanted a laptop. Well to this day the cheapo emachines is the only computer I have ever purchased that I replaced BEFORE it died. I never had any problems with it and its only issue was bulkiness. I was able to donate it instead of just throw it in the garbage.

Since then I have been through a few laptops all of which died and am now on an HP Desktop most of the time. However El Esposo's Dell laptop just died (of course) and though we pre-empted the event by transferring all his stuff onto the now "family desktop," we have quickly found that sharing one computer is just a non-starter sometimes. And laptops ARE super convenient after all.

BUT we are cheap and our income is seriously shrunken.

Soooo . . . we got a netbook, made by none other than emachines. It is stinkin' adorable for one and I feel good about the emachines name for another because even if it does die it was cheap. Also my parents will be thrilled that it has a built-in webcam so they can watch their granddaughter grow up from afar via skype. Here's a washed out photo I just took:

4 comments:

modestmuse said...

I think I want to get a netbook, so this is good timing on your advice. Baby is looking so cute!

mj said...

actually the jury is still out on this one. we are having issues w/ our internet connectivity. i will be troubleshooting...

mj said...

ok yes, the netbook is still rad thusfar. all systems go.

Steve said...

Hmmm, keep me posted. I'm going to buy a netbook before going overseas. Just can't find one that seems to scream "yes!" to me yet.