09 July 2009

Songs Due July 25th

I thought I would remind our hardy band of three or four participants! Come on let's get it up to five this time. Five songs about animals is like half of a They Might Be Giants cd.

Meanwhile I am ridiculously tired. I think I will just sleep the day away in front of the computer. Until I drool on the keyboard. And jam up the keys. And knock over my open water bottle. And fall out of my chair. And get fired.

Staying up til midnight for me right now is like staying up til 3 am when I do not have a little kicking monster inside of me.

Little Kicking Monster's first rock concert with (theoretically) the ability to hear was pretty excellent though. LKM seemed a lot more active during Conor Oberst but I think it is because Wilco lulled him/her into a dream-like trance of magical rock musicland. And because we ate right before Conor Oberst.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wilco was spot-on last night. Even better than they were last year at the 930 club.

Connor irritates me. I'm not sure why it is, because his band sounds great.

mj said...

Yeah, I could take or leave Conor, but I did like that americana-ish album bright eyes did a few years back.

Wilco was great. I used to go to a lot of their shows when Jeff Tweedy was a little less, um, consistent and the shows were more hit and miss (though "Misunderstood" was usually fantastically psychotic). I haven't seen them in a while but that show last night was in fact very tight. Great musicians all of them.