11 July 2008

More bedazzlement to come


Are you dazzled by the new look on Rocktastica? Well, let me tell you about it. See, in preparation for the awesome new feature "Songwriting Challenge," I decided "we" needed a new look. Five points to anyone that can identify the rocker behind those crazy inverted colors courtesy of everyone's favorite graphic manipulating tool, Paint. What are the five points redeemable for? The nice smug feeling of victory.

So far, little brother has contributed his one-take garage band recording of "I Ain't Afraid to Love You." After I get past my personal technical recording difficulties, I will be able to present to my two readers the fruits of the first songwriting challenge. Stay tuned!

And hey, if you're a songwriter you can join the fun. Either wait until the next challenge is issued or write your own song with the title "I Ain't Afraid to Love You," record it in one-track-one-take fashion, and send it to me or rocktastica@gmail.com. You have until I have uploaded mine and el esposo's versions to do so (which means at least through the weekend as we have a weekend trip scheduled). I will save them all on my googlepages, present the links for everyone's enjoyment and the two readers can vote for the winner! But don't think of it as a contest so much as a golden opportunity to rise to the challenge. More challenges forthcoming . . .

No comments: