02 July 2012

Life is the coolest

I felt awesome today. Why?

Positive Mental Attitude.

Hormones normalizing, maybe?

Baby's in his fourth month!

Our power was back on after two days of wilting like the privileged modern first-worlder I am. In the words of my oldest, it was "soooo bootiful." Who knew I had such a thing for electricity? I do. Oh yes, I swoon for you. Just being able to open the dang blinds instead of keeping everything shut to maintain the cave of slightly-less-unbearableness is so awesome.

I finally told off super-annoying-won't-give-up used car salesperson when she called this morning "to see how our search is going." I was not particularly cheeky or particularly flustered. I think I said, "You know what? Every time I talk to you, you are very antagonistic toward me. I am not enjoying this experience and I don't plan on continuing our relationship. Also, my baby is crying. Good luck and good-bye." For some reason this made me feel very pleasant. Fist pump!

I sang to the baby all day. Every time I did he smiled like the oldest smiles when you say the word "cake."

Anyway, I have to take a pic of the little one in his bumbo chair while the two-year-old plays with him. Weird how it makes so much difference, but I think she really SEES him in that thing. After a sweet beginning, there has been a LOT of jealousy in the last few months. I think she is finally starting to come around and see him less as a mom-monopolizer and more as a potential friend and ally. The coolest, I tell you.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hold tight to this moment! Glean from it when ever you need it. Those are the best moments of a mother's life.

mj said...

You aren't kidding. The last four days since that day I have had two sick kiddos: Captain Fussington and the Mayor of Whinesville

Julie said...

4 months was great. 5 months was better. 6 months, hurray! I felt like Henry is really my buddy now at 8 months. It's just that these babies need us so much but sometimes we just need to sleep for longer than 4 hour stretches at a time, am I right?

Anyway, little mister is super super cute. And the way you told off the car salesman? Slow. clap.