15 April 2012

Big Sis


So she loves her baby brother and is so proud. She lays down next to him on his little play mat/baby gym and says "Don't be sad; I love you," when he's crying.

She also has thrown a few projectiles at him. And she begs for mommy-attention all day long so that sometimes I think I have two newborns (nothing like actual twins, I'm sure).

I really do love being a mom (or to put it more accurately I love my kids), but there's still a feeling of suffocation at times. Overall it is the most meaningful thing I have ever done.

I don't want to forget big sister's prayers lately: "Please bless Papa D he will feel better. Thank you for the food (whether or not we are about to eat). Please bless Daddy he will come home safe (whether or not he is present). Bless Big Sister she will grow healthy and not a baby any more. Bless Baby Brother he will grow big and strong. Bless Mommy she will didn't get owies. Bless the people I forgot . . ."

3 comments:

Steve said...

I've summarized in my head the past few weeks that being a parent is the greatest and worst thing I have ever done in my life! Many times a day I love it and hate it. Always love the kids, but like any family, love doesn't always equal wanting to deal with them or even see them! haha

Amanda said...

Steve said it right. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. "Bless the people I forgot." I love it!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww! Record some of these to share with her prom date someday :)