05 April 2012

B.A.

So I don't think I have post-partum depression this time. So far anyway.

Or if I do, it's a totally different sub-type. Instead of feeling detached, listless, and hopeless, I just have a bad attitude. Eighteen million times a day I find myself saying "seriously?" and rolling my eyes like a thirteen-year-old. The baby wants to eat again even though the last feeding just ended fifteen minutes ago? My netbook suddenly just won't turn on? The SD card from Amazon that I just opened is actually the one I canceled and confirmed as such? Someone "in a hurry" at Target just cut in front of the lady wearing sweats and buying newborn diapers at 10 pm (me)? Every time I sit down to do our taxes, somebody's gotta start crying?

It appears to be contagious, only LCD's gripes are mainly about the house he is determined to fix before his hiatus is up. Our three-year-old HVAC is majorly broken, there's some random leak in the basement bathroom (yes THAT basement from which we recently painstakingly removed all the mold ), and I just found signs of termites in the shed? Seriously?

Don't take it personally if we snap at you in the next little while. The truth is, we are just a couple of jerks over here. Sleep-deprived jerks. So just back off!

P.s., I think just maybe I am going to attempt to take both kids to play group by myself tomorrow. My bad attitude says that's got "huge embarrassing failure" written all over it, but maybe I can try some positive thinking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww. Hang in there. It gets better. Or so I'm told...

mj said...

Ha. Yeah, I know. This is my attempt at humor right now.

Amanda said...

For me, as soon as I embrace the bad attitude I'm able to let go of it. But don't be surprised if you find it creep back even when you aren't post baby stage. Mine is a re-occurrence. But like Sarah said, it will get better.