11 March 2012

Holy crap we finished the basement (and other happenings)

Remember how I posted about our latest home project and I kind of made it sound all wrapped up? Yeah, that was just the mold removal phase. Now finally as of yesterday morning, all drywall is up; wiring re-done where necessary; walls painted; baseboards also painted, assembled, and attached; and stuff reorganized enough to actually use the main room as a functional place to hang out/play music/play toys.

Also, some severely nice people threw me a baby shower and baby #2 now has clothes! And we also got to see some old friends this weekend that I go back 10+ years with. And then we actually had time to "relax" while watching a movie last night. By relax I mean half-heartedly watch the movie while I sorted all of baby brother's clothes and LCD halfway built a shoe rack. Luckily it was a slow-going thoughtful movie so we didn't have to pay that much attention to get the gist.

Next on my checklist is to pack for the hospital and tidy up the house for visitors. I am kind-of-sort-of-almost ready to have this kid.

No comments: