09 July 2011

hair cuts

I have been living with a complete and utter lack of haircut for at least six months now (I lose track as I am usually focused on whether Little A looks cute instead). What I mean by lack of haircut is that my hair grew out from a previous decent haircut into a shambles of randomness. The horror. I have some tolerance for terrible hair but it ran out recently and so I made an appointment with my stylist, LCD.

After several false starts (one which I wore for an entire day before I convinced LCD that I looked too much like a cocker spaniel or a Hasidic Jew) we ended up basing the haircut on this:



So the question is, will this look work for me? It's actually too late now to change the outcome, though I did consider that question for about five minutes before proceeding. Then I figured at least it would be a haircut instead of a mess. LCD has the higher quality pics but here's one I just took from my netbook camera:



Not quite as stylish as hers but I think I like it. Still working on styling options. Oh and I will try and capture the mullet in the back later since LCD is very proud of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just one thing I would add to your cute little new haircut. Highlights! And maybe a few lowlights for dimension.

Steve said...

Hmmmm, SJ might have a point! You'd be modelesque that way! Super cute! Reminds me of how I sort of remember your hair being like!

mj said...

I can not deny that some highlights would take it up a notch. Hmm. But we are taking about a free haircut here. Free-ninety-free. And for me to be able to trust these highlights I probably would have to pay some cold hard cash . . .