12 November 2009

Feeling Expansive

The other day I asked El Esposo if my face was bigger. He said yes. And when I asked about my backside he said definitely wider. Which is fine, so I say. The baby's gotta come out somehow. And the extra er fuel - yeah that's what it is - is for helping her grow after she is born.

But then somebody sent me pics from my work baby shower just a few days ago and I was like is that really me? That short round woman? (I think the roundness makes me look shorter). And also I am growing out of my maternity clothes now. Not convenient. But I just have to hold out for two more weeks wearing work-appropriate attire and then it's all about wearing sweats and just embracing the bigness.

I know people get tired of it but I really welcome the idea of sitting around in sweats right now.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Hehehe, sounds like my wife AND the woman in my office who was one of those 'annoying happy' pregnant women for the first 6 months. Now she is miserable and hates everyone and maybe herself more! haha. Don't worry, the weight will come right off someone like you, especially if you breast feed. Although, things may never go back exactly the same, you'll be so excited to be able to wear and buy clothes that fit in a few months!

modestmuse said...

I'm not sure if tu Esposo telling the truth is better or worse. Neil just flat-out lies. Then again, I ask him ridiculous questions like "Do you think I'll be able to go the whole 9 mos. without anyone being able to tell I'm pregnant?" or "Do you think my stomach will stay flat the whole time?" He always answers "Yes."

mj said...

Steve - I'm not too worried, but it is just really bizarre to increase your weight by nearly 40% in 9 months!

mm - Yeah, I'm always surprised how completely honest Chris is. But then he always follows it up with how he is still really attracted to me, so he's still pretty smooth. I'm sure Neil will continue to adore you for the whole nine months.

abby said...

I wish I could wear sweats everyday. Leave it to el esposo to be honest with you. It's kind of crazy what your body goes through when you are pregnant. It might be weird once you are back to normal again...or I guess the new normal as Steve hinted.