04 August 2009

Challenge #4: Animals {Side A} - Various Artists

I have not sampled a single one of these songs save that which I created, mostly because I have no speakers for this computer. Notwithstanding this, I am certain you shall find brilliance of all kinds captured herein. To recap for any newcomers, these are the results of a songwriting contest based on the prompt to write a song about either a specific animal or type of animal. All songs were to be recorded in a very basic format using simple software with no editing so that the contest focuses on the songs themselves not the recording.

We have enough participants in the contest this time for an entire SIDE A of a record or a cassette. Just wrap your minds around the idea of the music here being presented in vinyl for a moment . . . oh yes. Though mysteriously there was no entry from the guy that came up with the idea, there is rock enough to go around, in alphabetical order:

Baby Birds

Meet the Fox

Ostrich

Tigerized

Tony the Super Sloth

Make sure you take it all in before you are ready to vote. Though truly we are all winners there has to be some way to decide who gets to pick the next challenge. So vote for your favorite. I don't know whether I need to say this, but voting for yourself is LAME.

1 comment:

mj said...

I have now listened to all songs and I am stymied by the question of which one to pick. Happy listening.