04 August 2007

Jareth


Last night I saw the movie Labyrinth on the "big screen." It was thrilling, for sure, though I don't have quite as much love for the show as most of the people who were in the theater. I feel like it's important to support your boyfriend in his obsessions. It had been a long time since I had seen the film and I was quite a bit younger then such that it had never registered to me just how tight david bowie's tights are in that movie. It's like his pants are a character unto themselves. But let's not dwell on that and instead talk about the acting chops of Mr. Bowie. Though this is clearly his definitive role, he also played some other memorable characters in recent memory. My favorite may be his portrayal of Andy Warhol in the film Basquiat.
He also played a key role in the recent movie "The Prestige." What is your favorite role of David Bowie's?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you show a picture of Jareth and then ask which David Bowie role is the greatest and NOT expect everyone to give the correct answer.

It's Jareth! Oo. Oo. Ja-reth!

Steve said...

Jareth is pretty sweet. But I thought his role in "The Prestige" was amazing. I recognized him right away, but quickly stopped thinking of him as a musician. Well done, sir!

Glad to see you back, although I'm not going to hold my breath for your next entry. ;-)

Nick said...

Bowie looks like Phil Spector in the second picture...shudder...

Check out Built to Spill's "Distopian Dream Girl" for a good Bowie reference.