08 July 2013

latest

I just don't even know how to begin to think about knowing how I will write about this topic.

Ha ha. Okay no one is terminally ill.

We're just moving. And not even that far. Twenty miles?

I just have such mixed feelings about it.

So, instead I'll write about things I don't want to forget:

That husband reads Frog and Toad to Big Sis in a Scottish accent. Every time. Weirdo. (I like him.)

That Baby Boy does anything for clapping. It's a family of hams.

That Big Sis makes up songs constantly. And they are usually about loving her family. Aw. Recently she even sang to her brother in the car until he fell asleep.

Baby Boy's sharp nods to answer most questions. And that "aren't I so cute?" cocking his head to the side thing.

How Big Sis makes up games on the fly to go with whatever action Baby Boy happens to be doing. (e.g., "We're playing Blah-go-scat. It's when you tear paper and throw it.")

How Big Sis talks like a grown up (a dorky one -- namely me) with her "Well actually" and "For starters" and whatever else I hardly notice since it seems normal to me until I take a step back.

Baby Boy's kisses. He's gotten quite good at it. He will close his lips now and pucker them and then grab onto your head and move it into position for you. It is darling.

Cuddles. With everybody. Big Sis likes to nuzzle noses, like Corduroy the bear. Today Baby Boy sat on my lap on the swing for just ever and ever. Someday these kids might get to old for cuddles. Hopefully the husband and I never are.

Oh, I have to add Baby Boy and music. He always nods his head to the beat. This morning I let him play our keyboard for a while and he does the cutest wiggle and nod. I really need to video it for maximum cuteness.

No comments: