22 September 2011

Happy Equinox

"My mother groaned. My father wept. Into the dangerous world I leapt."
--John Vanderslice


I like equinoxes. Fall because it is the best season we have around here. Spring because it is the end of winter and the beginning of so much hope to me. This year I am especially thrilled for fall because it brings me safely into blessed trimester #2. Also I'm ready to just take my time and enjoy life with that precious/precocious tot-o-mine. She points to my belly button and says "baby in there." And then I hug and kiss her many times. Yes, the whole family (the three of us) is pretty excited for spring equinox, as that is when we are due to welcome kidlet #2. Although I am in no hurry.

We feel ridiculously blessed as the timing could not be better and we are so excited to see our little one become a big sister. I better end this blog post before the crying. Oh ye hormones.

P.s., You may see a reprise of that song early next spring.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Woohoo for kidlet #2! I wish my babies had such awesome parents. That is all. :)

Amanda said...

Is this the big announcement or am I just the last to know? (not that it matters) Because I'm just too dang excited for you! And you won't be having a winter baby again! Yeah, for Spring!

mj said...

I guess this is the announcement. We've been slowly leaking it to a few people in person but this is the first time I mentioned it on the blog.

And thanks ladies!

modestmuse said...

Whoa, congratulations!!!! Little A was so cute in those Cherry Blossom Festival pics -- just think, next time around you'll have two adorable babies for everyone to admire!

Steve said...

Yay, exciting! Every female I know, practically, even bloggers, seem to be preggo with #2! Very exciting!