16 August 2011

Le Sigh . . .

Finally, I finally got myself a nice camera (not SLR or anything, just a decent point-and-shoot). It got here on Thursday but I didn't really start taking many pics until today b/c I needed an SD card. So Little A got ahold of it for a minute and there are teeth marks on the corner. Nice.

Two hours later it stopped working.

ARRRRRRRRGH.

I can't even prove I had it since I can't upload any of the photos I took.

Yes I'm sending it to the manufacturer to see if they will repair it. I don't know for sure that it was destroyed by Little A since it kept working for a while, but those tiny bite marks will probably not be earning me any cred.

I'm not mad at her as she is a toddler and it was my job to keep the expensive electronic equipment away, but I am frustrated that the camera I've been thinking about getting for over a year conked out the day I started using it.

Grumble.

Grunt.

My birthday present.

Okay, deep breath and a cute story about Little A before I teeter over the edge of the self-pity cliff into the abyss of loathing.

She is learning to pray and it is super cute. Today she bent her little head down and said "Heavenly Father. Thank you day . . . Papa D . . . Amen!" ("Papa D" has been sick so he gets mentioned often.)

2 comments:

Steve said...

One day, Scarlett started "praying" in the Muslim style here; laying her blanket out, getting on her knees, and then lowering her head to the floor! haha. But she stopped after just a couple days and she didn't really know what she was doing, she just was copying her nanny.

Even if she did bite it, teeth marks shouldn't cause it to stop working the first day! Even if her bite did cause it, it should have happened right away. When I dropped my old camera, it stopped working then, not a few hours later.

Which camera did you get?

mj said...

Yes, but I think saliva may have been involved. It's a Sony Cybershot + letters and numbers.

Cute story about Scarlett.