28 February 2009

Tales of woe and woah (challenge # 3 answered)

So the contest this time ended up being between me and my brother and my brother's friends. This is because all the other songwriters I know are either a)lazy or b)afraid. Oh, except of course there's El Esposo, who--though a wonderful non-lazy non-afraid human being, has been busy with "other stuff." And I better come out with this: My song is not really MINE, though I did perform it solo. It belongs to the band Minus Dave, which consists of former members of the band The Curators, excepting co-lead singer and little brother, Dave (in other words Me--who wrote the melody and half the lyrics, the Drummer and Future Senator--who wrote the music, and the Enigmatic Bass Player--who wrote the other half of the lyrics).

FYI, Little Brother's friends are actually pretty darn good. This is going to be a hard vote. Just like American Idol!

For your listening pleasure, entries by:

Dave
Minus Dave
Jordan
Spencer

1 comment:

Erin Ann Thomas said...

Okay. Melis. I need to buy some speakers then I'll be able to listen.