12 September 2008

Book Club

At work we started a book club. Actually, I didn't start it but I was invited to join. It's not a book reading club. It's a book writing club. I've got to say it adds an extra sense of purpose to my work day on Friday. We meet during lunch on Fridays and one person is kind of the star of the show and talks about their book and we offer feedback. Some of these people in the club are people I work with closely and I was a bit worried as the "team" structure of my office is not really that team-y. One of them is someone that tells me what to do some of the time and one of them is someone I tell what to do some of the time. So I thought it might be awkward. But it's not. Anyway, if you want to spice up your office and put a new spin on traditional reporting structures, I offer this book writing club as a good idea.

1 comment:

Joy said...

That's really cool.