29 November 2007

The drugs don't work; they just make you worse.


First of all, I am not working today and I am sooo excited. I think I've taken a total of maybe four days off all year just for long weekends and stuff but now starts my seven days in a row vacation. Of course by vacation, I do mean frantic preparations for my wedding for the next couple days. I should've been blogging about this whole wedding planning process but I've been too busy. It is a pain in the butt. I am a bargain shopper but it is nearly impossible to get a bargain when you are planning for a wedding. Also I have been disillusioned sooo many times. In my mind I had an idea of how much everything should cost. The only thing I was right about was the honeymoon to Florida which is actually a good deal. Everything else is about three times as expensive (for the low end) as I thought it was. I'll just give you an example: the going rate for good bakery wedding cakes with absolutely no frills is $4 a person in this area. If you are planning on over two-hundred guests, it starts to add up. Anyway, after some soul searching I have come to terms with most of that and learned much gratitude for my parents who are paying for A LOT of stuff.

In the meantime I noticed my vertigo has been coming back mostly at night as I toss and turn in bed with a little bit of left over in the morning and eventually disappearing through the day. Then I looked at my prescription bottle for the antihistamine drug I take only at night (so I don't fall asleep at work and stuff). The last side effect says "May Cause Dizziness." That's right. An anti-dizziness medication that might actually cause dizziness. The pharmacist said that doesn't make sense (only 2%, she said, experience this symptom). The nurse also said that doesn't make sense because it's supposed to cure dizziness. Um yeah; don't I know it. Anyway, there's still the possibility that there's no connection so the only thing I can do is not take the drug tonight and see what happens. I wanted to tell the nurse but I'm getting married! The reception is Friday! I don't want to try a little experiment; I just want to know!

In other evening-out-the-universe news, my car got towed last night. From the parking lot where I live (technically only Chris lives there now, but I did sign the lease and I do have a parking pass). My parking pass is a "guest" pass but all the guest spots were full and we were only going in for a little while so I parked in the regular lot which ALWAYS has open spaces. The little mercenaries charged me $150 and most of my dignity. (The "but I'm getting married!" phrase came to mind, but I know towing companies have no soul so I didn't even bother.) In the end, better me than one of our guests. Now we know--do NOT park in our lot when you come to visit us!!!

3 comments:

abby said...

I'm getting a chuckle out of all this because I live with you right now and I had no idea this stuff happened to you.

On other news lcd is part of my word verification. It must be a sign.

Unknown said...

So you're announcement is darling. I put it up on the proverbial wedding announcement fridge area. But yours is definitely the most darling. I wish I could have been there for your reception. Just know I've been thinking of you. Congratualations I knew you two were meant to be for a long time and I'm really glad you found each other.

Steve said...

Dudette,
when are you going to post as a married woman? Now you have so much more 'experience' to share with the rest of the world! haha.
But seriously, now with no wedding, you need to focus on your true love, your blog! :)